By Tracy Cox, Claire Burke Staff Writer
Fragrance fanatics like myself look at candles as a part of daily life: they’re great first thing in the morning while I’m getting ready for work, great for setting the mood for a dinner with friends, and great to help me relax in a hot bathtub at the end of a long day. But for people who aren’t used to using candles everyday like me, they make a great gift of something new and special.
Here are five reasons why candles make great gifts
1. You can’t go wrong with a candle. Men and women alike enjoy candles, which make candles a reliable gift for that certain someone you never can figure out how to shop for.
2. Batteries not included. They don’t come with an instruction manual or power adapter. With candles, you just light and go. That’s it
3. If you can’t make it, fake it! Candles are great for that of yours who’ll spend hours in the kitchen, only to have the food smell like burned up cookies. Candles can give the home that fresh-baked smell, without the hassle.
4. Candles are calming. As great as candles are to give, they’re even better to receive. They can help shave off the stress of a rough day and bring you back down to earth.
5. Scent of memories. The sense of smell is linked the most closely with the memory. That’s why the scent of cookies baking in the oven might make you remember your grandma when you were little. Candles are a great way to connect or reconnect with memories of the past or to help build new ones.
And the holidays are the only time when candles make a perfect gift
Other great occasions to give candles: